Marwood Surveyors was instructed to act for A M Price & Sons Construction Ltd as a consultant for the refurbishment of Pool Furlong, Clent.
A circa 1930’s traditional style three bedroom semi detached house with adjoining land offering potential to extend (subject to the necessary planning consents and building regulation approval.)
Marwood Surveyors assisted the architect to establish a design that maximized the potential of space available without compromising on the size of the garden and without restricting the countryside view.
Once planning permission & building regulation approval has been obtained Marwood Surveyors assisted the project manager in the purchase of materials and internal furniture to meet with the specification as requested by the client.
The following interior fit out and design specifications were used.
- Installation of Quality ‘Shaker’ style fitted kitchen with integrated appliances, Range cooker, feature central island, French doors onto gardens and wall mounted plasma TV.
- The dining room was finished with Amtico floor.
- A wet room was added to the rear of the property offering WC at ground floor level plus a fully tiled shower area and luxury white sanitary wear.
- The master bedroom benefitted from an en-suite shower room with double shower cubicle and high polished sparkle granite floor finish.
- The bathroom was finished to replicate a sauna/spa with the benefit of large rectangle stone effect tiles, free standing raised bath, quality white sanitary wear and fashionable chrome fittings.
- All internal doors were solid oak with contemporary, complimentary door furniture.
DECORATION & FURNISHINGS:
By virtue of its rural position the client wished for an internal theme that was in keeping with the locality. It was decided that the theme would be ‘Country Life with a Contemporary Twist’. Each room was individual but the flow from the reception room throughout the house was subtle. Shades of:
- Fresh and natural, greens intended to be enlivening, dynamic, calm and nurturing.
- Timeless creams were used to create a classic or contemporary look where necessary maintaining a clean and modern environment.
- Black was used on feature walls to accessorise and create a scheme that was refreshingly different.
- Cool blues were used in the master bedroom with a harmonizing shade in the en-suite to create a fresh morning finish. Ideal to naturally wake up too.
The client gave Marwood Surveyors a landscape brief for the garden which requested the finish gave a contemporary stimulus. The following theme was created:
- Textured paving & edging.
- ‘Sorrento’ garden furniture.
- Pebbled grass spheres.
- Zinc patterned planters.
- Stainless steel external lighting.
- A cool white, blue and light green planting scheme.
- High level curved brickwork walling to enclose the garden.
- Feature tree retained central to the existing lawned area.